ARN Podcast Episode 1 - Creating an Outstanding Morning Routine
Thanks for visiting the Achieve Results Now Podcast. The podcast that gives you immediate actions you can take to start seeing life shifting results now!
In this episode we talk about the importance ad elements of a great morning routine.
If your morning routine starts when you wake up, you are already too late. A solid morning routine should start the night before. Take a few minutes and plan out what you will do in the morning to create a day filled with achievement.
Create a checklist of what you plan to do in the morning. Doing the same thing every day with only minor variations will help you create a habit. You can use the Achieve Results Now Morning Routine Planner here.
A few things that are extremely important to put on your checklist:
1. Breathing - When you sleep, it is very hard to know exactly how deep or shallow your breathing is. Start with oxygen and begin your day with a minute or two of deep breathing.
2. Hydration - Along with being low on oxygen, our bodies are often dehydrated upon waking. Drinking a large glass of water first thing in the morning will get your body hydrated and ready.
3. Movement - Get your body moving and your blood flowing. Move the oxygen through your body. Whether it is a brisk walk or a full workout, getting your body moving in the morning will help get your body ready for the day. Exercise in the morning can also give you an early "win" for the day, helping keep your day on the track of achievement.
4. Eat! - Give your body some fuel first thing in the morning consisting of a healthy breakfast. Complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, and lean proteins are recommended to give your body the energy it needs and to curb cravings for unhealthy food later on in the day.
5. Prioritize - Pick the top 3 - 5 things you could do during the day to move you toward your goals. Try to steer away from the routine items and choose 3-5 tasks that will be real game changers. Then schedule them!
Having a solid plan the night before will help you avoid the snooze button. What time should you wake up in the morning? To start, just be sure you give yourself enough time to complete the items on your morning routine. Once you have some momentum, add some items to your routine that will add real value to your life like reading and meditating.
Tell us about your morning routine in the comments below. Be sure to subscribe to the podcast and share this with someone who you think could benefit from a great morning routine.