Thanks for visiting the Achieve Results Now Podcast. The podcast that gives you immediate actions you can take to start seeing life shifting results now!
In this episode we talk about peak state, goal setting, and gratitude.
Peak State is being at your best in the activity you are participating in. Peak State attracts success in everything we do. The two major factors that contribute to a peak state deal with our bodies (our physiology) and our minds (our psychology)
1. Body/Physiology - We experience life very differently when we are slouched with shallow breathing than we do when we have great body posture and are fully oxygenated. Stand up straight and take deep breaths. Don't forget to get your body moving!
2. Mind/Psychology - Our state is greatly impacted by our thoughts and the quality of our questions that we ask ourselves on an ongoing basis. Negative questions produce negative answers. Being aware of your "self talk" and changing negative self talk to positive self talk is a key to achieving peak state. A great example of this is to change the question "why can't I?" to "How Can I?" Practice makes perfect.
You often hear people reminisce about how successful they were when they were younger. When we are young, our goals are primarily set for us by our parents, teachers, and peer groups. Not only are they set for us, but the people who set the goals for us were always motivating us to achieve them. Wether the goal was graduating from high school, getting into college, or winning a trophy, we had people rooting for us.
As we get older, nobody sets goals for us, and if they do, they are typically things we are not entirely passionate about. We also have people in our lives who may not be 100% supportive of the goals we are passionate about. Setting goals can also be overwhelming to some people, which is why they avoid it altogether.
The first step in being an expert of goal setting is to start setting goals. Start small. What do you want to accomplish by the end of the day? If you don't have any goals, your first goal should be to set a goal!
Gratitude is an Attitude. It is easy to be critical and to compare ourselves to others.
1. Have a journal at the end of the day and write 3 to 5 things that you are grateful for.
2. Take things that you normally wouldn't be grateful for and FIND THE GRATITUDE. Not grateful that you have to clean up after your kids at the end of the day? Be grateful for the opportunity to teach them a new skill to do it themselves. Be grateful that you have kids! Whatever it takes!
Now for our Action Steps:
1. Peak State - Stand up straight, take 5-10 deep breaths and focus your mind. Think about the think you are about to do and imagine it going perfectly in your mind. Get your whole being excited as you play that scene over and over again in your mind.
2. Goal Setting - Exercise your goal setting muscle. Think of a small change you can make to your life and execute. Maybe you want to exercise every day, or read every day, or start every day with a big glass of water first thing. Also set a long term goal. What is something you really want in the next month, year, or five years? Set a goal to achieve it and start taking actions.
3. Gratitude - Write down 3 things you are grateful for and then write down 3 things that you are not grateful for and FIND THE GRATITUDE.
Take action and put your results in the comments. Be sure to subscribe to the podcast and share this with someone who you think could benefit from it. Thanks for listening!